Current Group Members
Dr. Ronghu Wu (Associate Professor)
2016, ASMS Research Award
|Ming Tong (Ph.D. student, 2015.08- )
B.S., Tsinghua University
|Suttipong Suttapitugsakul (Ph.D. student, 2016.08- )
B.S., Rensselaer Polytechnic InstitutePublications at GT:Suttipong Suttapitugsakul, Haopeng Xiao, Johanna Smeekens and Ronghu Wu*, Evaluation and optimization of reduction and alkylation methods to maximize peptide identification with MS-based proteomics, Molecular BioSystems, 13(12): 2574-2582, 2017.Honors and awards at GT:
William H. Emerson Fellowship
|Fangxu Sun (Ph.D. student, 2016.08- )
B.S., East China University of Science and Technology
M.S., Shanghai Institute of Organic ChemistryPublications at GT:Fangxu Sun, Alex A. Choi and Ronghu Wu*, Systematic Analysis of Fatty Acids in Human Cells with a Multiplexed Isobaric Tag (TMT)-Based Methods, J. of Proteome Res., 17(4): 1606-1814, 2018.
Chendi Jiang (Ph.D. student, 2017.08- )
B.S., Beihang University (BUAA)
|Senhan Xu (Ph.D. student, 2017.08- )
B.S., Fudan University
[Kejun Yin (Ph.D. Student, 2018.08- )
B.S. Tsinghua University]
Dr. Qisi Lin (visiting scholar, from Xuzou Medical University)
|Ju Eun (Esther) Hwang (Undergraduate, GT Biochemistry, 2016.08- )|
|Alex Choi (Undergraduate, GT Chemistry, 2016.08- )
IBB undergraduate research scholar 2018
|Lindsey Ulmer(Undergraduate, GT Chemistry, 2016.08- )|
G.I.F.T. High School Chemistry Teacher
from Jonesboro High School (Clayton County, GA)
Previous Group Members
Haopeng Xiao (Graduate student, 2013.08-2018.05)
B.S., Peking University
Successfully passed his PhD defense on March 28, 2018. Currently he is a postdoc research fellow at Harvard Medical School.
Selected publications (a total of 18 papers and two book chapters at GT):
10. Haopeng Xiao, Fangxu Sun, Suttipong Suttapitugsakul, and Ronghu Wu*, Mass Spectrometry Reviews, Accepted, 2018.
9. Haopeng Xiao, Suttipong Suttapitugsakul, Fangxu Sun, and Ronghu Wu*, Accounts of Chemical Research, 51(8): 1796-1806, 2018.
8. Haopeng Xiao#, Weixuan Chen#, Johanna Smeekens, Ronghu Wu*, Nature Communications, 9: 1692, 2018.
7. Haopeng Xiao, Ju Eun Hwang, Ronghu Wu*, Int. J. Mass Spectrom., 429: 66-57, 2018.
6. Haopeng Xiao, Ronghu Wu*, Chemical Science, 8: 268-277, 2017.
5. Haopeng Xiao, Ronghu Wu*, Analytical Chemistry, 89(19): 10361-10367, 2017.
4. Haopeng Xiao, Ronghu Wu*, Analytical Chemistry, 89(6): 3656-3663, 2017.
3. Haopeng Xiao, George X. Tang, Ronghu Wu*, Analytical Chemistry, 88(6): 3324-3332, 2016.
2. Haopeng Xiao, Johanna M. Smeekens, Ronghu Wu*, Analyst, 141: 3737-3745, 2016.
1. Haopeng Xiao, Weixuan Chen, George X. Tang, Johanna M. Smeekens, Ronghu Wu*, Journal of Proteome Research, 14(3): 1600-1611, 2015.
Honors and awards at GT:
The second oral presentation award at 2016 School Retreat
2017 William Starnes Fellowship for Excellence in Research
The Second Place Presentation Award at 2017 School Graduate Research Symposium
The second place of IBB Suddath Award for his achievement in research (2018)
External Advisory Board Award (2018)
GT Sigma Xi Best PhD Thesis Award (2019)
Dr. Jiangnan Zheng (Post-doc research fellow, March 2016 – Dec. 2017)
Dr. Weixuan Chen (Post-doc research fellow, Jan. 2013 – Oct. 2015)
Currently Scientist at Johnson & Johnson in San Diego, CA
B.S. and M.S., Tsinghua University
Ph. D., Georgia State University
Johanna Smeekens (Graduate student, 2012.08-2017.05)
Currently postdoc research fellow in the Food Allergy Initiative at UNC (Chapel Hill)
B.S., Michigan State University
Passed her Ph.D. thesis defense in March, 2017
Julie Leong (REU student from Queensborough Community College, Summer 2016)
Kyle Taylor (Undergraduate, Georgia Tech Biomedical Engineering major, Spring 2016)
Alexis Eduardo Perez Paredes (Summer student from Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain, Summer 2015)
Trevor McElhenny (Undergraduate, Georgia Tech Chemistry major, Summer 2015)
George X. Tang (Undergraduate, Biochemistry major at GT, Fall 2014-Spring 2016)
Rebecca Hu (Undergraduate, Chemistry major at GT, Fall 2014)
Anitza Figueroa (REU student from University of Puerto Rico, Industrial Chemistry, Summer 2014)
Sean M. Hardy (Undergraduate, Georgia Tech Biomedical Engineering, Spring 2013)
Kyle Osborne (M.S., Georgia Tech Chemistry, graduated in 2014, currently at Tennessee Bureau of Investigation)
Andrew Boyd (Undergraduate, Georgia Tech Chemistry, 2013)